Meet the DDJ-RB and DDJ-RR – rekordbox dj controllers with new Sequence Call and PC Master OutMay 8, 2016
We’re expanding our range of rekordbox dj controllers with the DDJ-RB and DDJ-RR. Both feature two channels while the DDJ-RR includes Deck Select so you can switch between all four rekordbox dj decks at the touch of a button.
The controllers introduce buttons for new features in today’s rekordbox 4.1.1 software update, including Sequence Call, which lets you create and save sample sequences then play them back without touching your computer. The DDJ-RB and DDJ-RR are also the first controllers to support PC Master Out, for playing master output through your computer’s internal speakers or a connected desktop speaker while using the controller for your headphones at the same time. Both new controllers come bundled with rekordbox dj performance software.
The entry-level USB-powered DDJ-RB is all you need to get started with rekordbox dj performance software. The layout handles like a pro-DJ set-up with play/cue buttons, jog wheels and a VU level meter. You can use the Performance Pads to trigger Hot Cues, Beat Jump, Pad FX and Slicer, plus there’s a button for the new Sequence Call feature. The lightweight, flexible controller supports PC Master Out and is perfect for use on the move – fitting snugly into the new DJC-B/WEGO3+BAG protective carry bag, available separately.
The DDJ-RR adds to these features, packing in all the traits of a pro-DJ set-up. Stay in control with large jog wheels, illuminating on-jog indicators and customisable multicoloured Performance Pads. Get creative with Slip Mode and Release FX, and hit the new Sequence Load button to load your sample sequences to the deck to scratch them. Multiple inputs and outputs give you flexible connectivity and the option to use the DDJ-RR with rekordbox dj software or as a stand-alone 2-channel mixer using multiplayers or turntables.
ALSO ANNOUNCED TODAY: REKORDBOX 4.1.1 UPDATE
Our latest rekordbox update brings new features for rekordbox dj users. We’ve designed it to fully support the DDJ-RB and DDJ-RR, giving you access to dedicated settings tabs – plus PC Master Out, Sequence Load and Sequence Call. All rekordbox dj users can upgrade to enjoy new Mic features on the mixer panel including 3-band EQ and Mic FX.
KEY FEATURES OF THE DDJ-RB
- Controller layout mirrors rekordbox dj for native control
Mix instinctively with the jog wheels, play/cue buttons, mixer knobs and faders, gain pots, VU meter and dedicated loop buttons built to mirror the rekordbox dj layout.
- PC Master Out – use computer’s speaker for master out and controller for headphones
For flexibility you can choose to hear your mix through your computer’s internal speaker/connected desktop speaker or play through a wireless speaker, while using your headphones to cue independently of the master out at the same time.
- Performance Pads with Sequence Call for creative freedom
Create sample sequences then call them up without touching your computer thanks to the new Sequence Call button. Plus trigger Hot Cues, Pad FX, Beat Jump and Slicer with eight Performance Pads.
- Other features
- Built-in sound card – simply connect the DDJ-RB to your computer with a USB cable
- Record to rekordbox dj via the same USB cable
- USB powered – no AC power needed
- High quality mic input – distortion-free even at loud volumes
- Portable – easy grip handles and lightweight design
EXTRA FEATURES OF THE DDJ-RR
- Layout looks and feels like a CDJ set-up
Adding to the controls of the DDJ-RB, the DDJ-RR features the following:
- Large jog wheels with On-Jog Display – responsive feel for scratching, and customisable illuminating on-jog indicators to tell you the status of each deck (e.g. ‘on air’).
- Customisable multicoloured Performance Pads – set colours for your Hot Cues in rekordbox then trigger with high quality rubber pads.
- Dual VU level meter – see the master out and channel levels at all times.
- Needle search pad – jump to any part of a track with one touch.
- Brushed aluminium face plate
- Dedicated controls for rekordbox dj features
- Sequence Load – load a sample sequence onto a deck to scratch it and manipulate the sound as if it were a track.
- Slip Mode – Slip Mode silently continues playback during a loop, reverse or scratch, then brings the music back at the right point afterwards.
- Release FX – Exit complex FX patterns by selecting vinyl brake, echo or back spin and twisting the dial.
- Multiple inputs and outputs for flexible connectivity
Connect to professional PA system using the balanced XLR outputs, and monitor your mix through the booth output. Use the DDJ-RR as a standalone 2-channel mixer with multiplayers or turntables, thanks to line and phono inputs.
- High quality audio
The DDJ-RR features the same circuit for master and booth outputs as the pro-standard DDJ-RZ.
- Portable design
Take the DDJ-RR to your gigs thanks to easy grab handles and a lightweight design.
- Other features
- Choose between USB or AC power
- Two headphone outs – 3.5 mm and 1/4-inch jack headphone outs
- DVS ready – rekordbox dvs Plus Pack required
ADDED FEATURES OF REKORDBOX 4.1.1
- Mic features on mixer panel: 3-band EQ, Mic FX, talk over, and Mic on/off button.
- For DDJ-RB and DDJ-RR only:
- PC Master Out: play music through your computer’s internal speakers or connected desktop speakers while still using the controller’s headphones out (line/phono inputs and booth out on the DDJ-RR can’t be used at the same time as PC Master Out. It will be possible after a software update around June 2016).
- Sequence Call: hardware button to select and play your stored sample sequences.
- Sequence Load: load your stored sample sequences to the deck and scratch (DDJ-RR only).
- Expanded settings: dedicated tabs in the settings panel.
DDJ-RR and DDJ-RB users need to activate bundled rekordbox dj software using its licence key.
|Input ports||LINE/PHONO x2 (RCA x2)
MIC x1 (1/4 inch TS jack)
|MIC x1 (1/4 inch TS jack)|
|Output ports||MASTER x2 (XLR x1, RCA pin jack x1)
BOOTH OUT x1 (1/4 inch TRS jack)
PHONES x2 (Front 1/4 inch TRS jack x1, 3.5 mm stereo mini jack x1)
|MASTER x1 (RCA pin jack)
PHONES x1 (Front 3.5 mm stereo mini jack)
|Other ports||USB (Type B) x1|
|Frequency response||20Hz ～ 20kHz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion ratio||0.003% or less (USB)||0.005% or less (USB)|
|S/N ratio||105 dB (USB)||103 dB (USB)|
|Power consumption||DC 12 V, 700 mA||DC 5 V, 500 mA|
|Maximum dimensions (W x H x D)||553 mm x 65.1 mm x 334.5 mm||482.6 mm x 58.5 mm x 272.4 mm|
|Unit weight||3.7 kg||2.1 kg|
REKORDBOX DJ SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
|Compatible OS (Windows)||Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 7 (latest service pack)|
|Compatible OS (Mac)||Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9 (Updated to the latest version)|
|CPU||Intel® processor Core™ i7, i5, i3
Intel® processor Core™ 2 Duo 2.0GHz or higher
|Memory||4 GB or more of RAM|
|Hard Drive||250MB or more of free space (not including space for storing music files, etc.)|
|Display resolution||1280 x 768 or greater|