Mixvibes injects Ableton Link into Cross and RemixliveJune 22, 2016
Ableton’s Link feature is definitely emerging as a new standard in getting iOS devices to work in sync with each other. And happy to jump into the fray is Mixvibes who amongst other things have enabled Link right inside their iOS Remixlive and Cross DJ apps.
THE OFFICIAL WORDS
Remixlive & Cross DJ Pro iOS – now with Ableton Link
Mixvibes releases Remixlive 1.2 & Cross DJ Pro for iOS 3.1 and for the first time, thanks to Ableton Link, a loop launching app can be synced with a pro DJ app. Jam on!
Mixvibes created Cross DJ in order to bring pro DJ mixing to mobile platforms. Following this success, Remixlive was launched in March 2016. This app allows to create and remix tracks in mere seconds using factory samples. Three months after launch, Remixlive boasts over half a million active users and that number keeps growing. And now, thanks to Ableton Link, this new update allows users to play in sync with other apps and iOS devices.
Ableton Link integration
Ableton Link is a technology that syncs the beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live or any Link-enabled iOS app over WiFi. Now available in Remixlive and Cross DJ Pro for iOS, it allows anyone to:
- Sync Remixlive with Cross DJ Pro.
- Sync Remixlive and/or Cross DJ Pro with any other Link-compatible app.
- Sync Remixlive and/or Cross DJ Pro with Ableton Live.
All connected apps will automatically play in sync across all devices.
All you need is a WiFi connection and two iOS devices with Remixlive or Cross DJ Pro. It’s at once:
- Simple: enable Ableton Link with a single tap.
- Intuitive: anyone can join in and play, from experienced musicians to beginners.
- Creative: use several apps at the same time to get that jam session feeling.
Play in sync with Cross DJ Pro
Alongside the new version of Remixlive comes an update of Cross DJ Pro. Like its counterpart, it introduces Ableton Link, taking DJing on iOS to the next level. Thanks to it you can now:
- Sync Cross DJ Pro on several devices to mix with friends.
- Use Remixlive to add extra loops over tracks playing in Cross DJ Pro.
Other improvements in Remixlive 1.2
- Record external audio in Remixlive – from any iOS-compatible microphone or sound card.
- New ‘Essential FX’ pack: includes the four extra effects in one package.
- Overhauled sample collection – improvements include a search bar, alphabetic sorting, etc.
- Rename or delete any sample, including factory samples.
- Delete and restore any factory pack.
- All new info tab that displays each sample’s instrument, BPM, beats, key, & more.
Other improvements in Cross DJ Pro 3.1
- Send audio from Cross DJ Pro to other Audiobus and Inter-App compatible apps.
- Automatic switch to dual stereo output mode when a MIDI controller is detected.
Remixlive & Cross DJ Pro synced with Ableton Link: https://youtu.be/TYbpQUA1bUM
Pricing & availability
Remixlive is available as a free iOS app with In-App Purchases. Download:http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1058801458
More info: www.mixvibes.com/remixlive
Remixlive key features
- A 48-pad grid (24 on iPhone) for instant remixing, powered by pro samples.
- Tweak your sound with instant FX and beat repeat pads.
- Live BPM control: change the tempo on the fly without stopping the music.
- Multiple Mode: play several pads per column simultaneously.
- Inter-App (node) & Audiobus (input master): send Remixlive’s audio to other music apps.
- Edit Play mode, Quantize, Gain, ADSR, Pan, Loop Division, Reverse, Transpose.
- Import your own samples directly from your iTunes library.
- Record any sound or voice through the mic — with an optional overdub.
Cross DJ Pro key features
- Mix tracks in perfect sync with accurate BPM detection.
- Keylock mode: change BPM without affecting the tone.
- Key detection: detect the key of the songs & know which tracks sound good together.
- Accurate beat-grid editing: make any track sync properly (iPad only).
- Waveform view: parallel waveforms for pitch-bending.
- MIDI control with more than 10 controllers.
- Multichannel audio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard.
- Split audio: pre-listen tracks in your headphones before mixing them.
Both apps are universal: buy paid app or In-App Purchases once and use them on all your iOS devices.
It’s good to see software makers shoehorning Link into their apps. In a niche world of proprietary nonsense, I love that something has come along that can get disparate devices and apps working together just for the hell of it without direct financial reward for the maker. Of course, Ableton created it to work with Live, but other app makers are including it so that their apps can work outside of their often insular world. So top marks to Ableton for Link. If only the whole industry was more like this… cough music libraries…
Source: DJ WORX